Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm reclaiming the term "houseboy"

There's a good chance the herein discussed person will not appreciate the term, but I like it and until he's working full-time and I'm in school, I get to assign the titles. That said, this is going to be the first in what I hope is a long line of posts about Things My Houseboy Cooked for Me. So maybe he'll forgive me since it's sort of a song of praise.

For St. Patrick's Day this year we decided we wanted to be as authentically Irish as possible. Something that is perhaps ironic since the 1/4 of me that is not German is Scotch-Irish and English, so I'm basically the Protestant Rapist Oppressor of the good Irish Catholics. I'm o.k. with that.

So, anyway, "authentically Irish" mostly seems to involve various boiled and spiced meats, but we managed to find one fish dish called "Cod Cobbler." It's basically a casserole of cod and cheese, topped with scones. And it is to the endless praise of SeƱor Houseboy that this was not TOTALLY inedible. It was, however, basically globby boiled fish in milk with some delicious scones on top. Yum.

Next year I'll let him do what he originally wanted to: make the totally un-Irish sounding Teriyaki Glazed Salmon recipe off that Irish Recipes website.

No comments:

Post a Comment