Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Random Thoughts Set to Music


Above, you can see our trip into the rain in Wisconsin, set to Tegan and Sara.  Below, you can see the random things that popped into my head while listening to The Black Keys "Rubber Factory" on my way home yesterday.  

1. When the Lights Go Out:
"Right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot."  Sometimes I trip on the way to the bus stop.

2. 10 A.M. Automatic:
 Suddenly aware I'm not wearing a seatbelt.  Seeing as how I'm riding the bus, this should not be a surprise.

3. Just Couldn't Tie Me Down:
Funny how anything out of a bus window looks like a music video if you listen to your iPod loud enough.

4. All Hands Against His Own:
My heart is beating really fast.  Or faster than usual.  Or harder.  It's probably amyloidosis.  Anyway, call Dr. House if I pass out, because I deserve the best.

5. The Desperate Man:
That statue just off 35th street kind of looks like the prostitute spire in Dublin.

6. Girl is On My Mind:
Nothing is on my mind

7. The Lengths:
Remember having underwater teaparties at the pool?  That was fun.

8. Grown So Ugly:
Did that dude just throw a seed pod at me?  What the f*ck was that about?

9. Stack Shot Billy:
Mmmm.  Barbeque.

10. Act Nice and Gentle:
One time, after a particularly late work night and an early morning, a number two bus just breezed right past my stop and didn't stop for me, and I started jumping up and down and screaming "F*ck you!  F*ck you!!"  That was a good day.

11. Aeroplane Blues:
Outside Windy's Deli a pug sits at the very end of his rope and watches a blue bottle roll around in the wind.  "Pug and the Blue Bottle" would be a great name for a folksy blues band. 

12. Keep Me
How exactly do people's underwear end up frozen on the ground?  

13. Till I Get My Way:
Yay!  First birthday card of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment