Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Healthy Eating Through Ice Cream

It's been a little while since I've remembered to get good pictures of our meals, but I can assure you that I have not been abandoned by my Houseboy.  We recently collaborated on this meal:



This was inspired by Daisy Martinez's new show, "Viva Daisy!" which we tivo now, because I will watch any show with an exclamation point in the title, and Houseboy has her cookbook, and plus she loves chorizo and frying things, and so does he.  So he's got chorizo and eggs and I have eggs and cheddar.  We both have half an avocado and homemade hashbrowns which we discovered we can shred using the cheese slicer attachment on our mixer, and so we will soon be having hashbrowns at every meal.  

Then, last night, Houseboy made this pasta dish he calls "penne and spinach and pine nuts and tomatoes" and we ate the ice cream we made from our new ice cream maker with homemade marshmallows on top:



The ice cream flavor is vanilla with Nutella and marshmallow fluff.  

I think we're headed for a life of delicious obesity.

...



No comments:

Post a Comment