Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Jerry Seinfeld Has an Agenda

I just wish I knew what it was.  I watched "Bee Movie" the other night, and usually I have my shit together enough to understand cartoons, I swear I do, but this one was beyond me.  It was either about veganism or communism or possibly our litigious culture and self-serving attitude.  Since I've been doing a lot of "thinking" lately about "big issues" in my "life" and whatnot, I pretty much shut my brain off and let Jerry the Bee tell me anything he wanted to about what I was doing wrong, but by the time it was over I wasn't sure if I was supposed to stop enslaving bees, or take advantage of the enslavement of bees to save the environment, or open a law office behind a florist shop in New York.  Usually these are not decisions I ponder while watching a bee in a sweater.  Usually in that case I think about how they made such a tiny sweater, and what material it's made of, and why all the bees only have four legs, and whether their extra two legs are under the sweater, and if so, how that can possibly be comfortable.  

Instead, now I'm sitting here with a cup of tea and an almost full bottle of honey (the kind in the bear, which [who knew?] is apparently the worst kind from a bee's perspective) and I can't decide whether I should use the honey or throw it out or donate it to Starving Africanized Honeybees, Incorporated.  And my tea is getting cold.


...

No comments:

Post a Comment